Save this summer at Walt Disney World

Save this summer at Walt Disney World
Save up to 25$ at select Walt Disney World Resorts

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Flying Fish - Closing!

According to the Disney blog, my beloved Flying Fish Cafe at the BoardWalk will be closing for months (notice that "s" on the end of months… tear) on January 31.

From the Disney Blog

This is what the Disney blog has said about the closure:

January 31 is the last day to dine at Flying Fish CafĂ© on Disney’s BoardWalk, as the signature restaurant will close for several months as both Walt Disney Imagineering and the culinary team reimagine one of the most popular places for dinner at Walt Disney World Resort.  You can expect a whole new look, and the team will be working on a new menu (but no worries, the potato-wrapped snapper remains and seasonal approach stay the same).
The reimagined dining room will still have an onstage kitchen and an airier design, with more room for the popular Chef’s Counter and wine dinners.

While I am very happy to hear that the potato-wrapped snapper will be returning to the Flying Fish Cafe - it is one of my very favorite Walt Disney World dishes - I am sad that the rest of the restaurant will be re-imagined.  I'm really sad that the tent room may be going away.  Last fall we got to sit in the "tent" area of the restaurant and it was such a neat experience!  If you ignore the bit of my mother trying to give Chris some bunny-ears, you'll notice the background.  It looks like tented fabric, right? Wrong! That is painted walls my friends! Painted to look like you're in the middle of a tent! So go here while you can, ask if you can sit in the tent and order the potato-wrapped snapper and you'll have a great dinner!
Dinner in the "Tent Room" 

What are you hoping for after the remodel? Sad to see anything go? Glad to see anything go?  Let me know in the comments! 




Planning a  Disney vacation and need help? Email me at lauren@magicaltravel.com!  I will help you with everything from booking your vacation package, to securing those hard to get restaurant reservations to Fast Pass selections - I will save you not only money but also your time! 

Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated on the latest Disney travel news!
Post a Comment