When I heard that Disney was going into the movie-remake business, and remaking some of my favorite movies from my childhood, I was skeptical. Well, with this live-action recreation, The Jungle Book, my skepticism was uncalled for. This movie was good - really good. Even my boyfriend (who doesn't love Disney just as much as I do) found the movie to be quite enjoyable and worth watching.
- The movie was gorgeous. From the scenery to the digitalization, it was such a visually stunning movie.
- It was good to watch from an adult's perspective. I recall being on the edge of my seat with anticipation as to what was to come in a few of the scenes; I was able to laugh with the jokes and I was emotionally affected in some of the scenes.
- I haven't seen the cartoon Jungle Book that came out when I was I child, I don't remember it being exactly the same. So that was nice, I didn't feel like I paid to see the same movie I've seen years ago.
- The songs. I love the music from the Jungle Book - and they kept all of my favorites!
- The story line - it had me from the beginning of the movie until the end.
- King Louie is absolutely terrifying. If there are apes that large in nature, count me out.
- While my favorite songs from the original Jungle Book were in this new live-action remake, I felt as though a few of them were butchered.... looking at you Christopher Walken.
If you haven't seen a preview for the movie, here is one for your enjoyment:
Rating: 5 out of 5 Mickey Mouse Heads!