For the month of August here is the list of currently-happening refurbishment occurring at Walt Disney World (current as of 8/18):
- Monorail: Undergoing refurbishment through Summer 2016. Monorail may be on modified service and/or routes. Before you plan on using the Monorail, make sure it is the best option available, as alternative transportation options will be available.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Scheduled to Reopen November 18, 2016
- “it’s a small world”: Closing August 22. Scheduled to Reopen September 15.
No refurbishments scheduled.
- Pizza Planet: Undergoing refurbishment to become PizzeRizzo. Scheduled to Reopen “Late 2016.”
- MuppetVision 3D: Closed August 15th. Scheduled to Reopen August 22, 2016.
- DINOSAUR: Scheduled to Reopen October 16, 2016
- Dino Institute Shop: Scheduled to Reopen October 16, 2016
- Planet Hollywood: Scheduled to Reopen “Fall 2016”
- Fulton’s Crab House (reopening as Paddlefish): Scheduled to Reopen “Fall 2016”
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Soft Goods Refurbishment through September 24, 2016.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: Soft Goods Refurbishment through January 2017.
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Refurbishment. Scheduled to Reopen “Late Fall 2016.”
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Extensive Resort Refurbishment Projects. Hidden Springs Pool, beach, marina, playground and more will be closed. Scheduled to occur “Through 2017.”
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center: Expansion Work. Scheduled to Reopen February 1st.
- Walt Disney World Dolphin: Guest Room Renovations. Scheduled to Reopen “September 2016.”
Other than Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road being out of commission for quite a few months and the Wilderness Lodge "great-remodel", not too much is going on. What are you thoughts of what is being refurbished?