I was lucky enough to visit Disneyland earlier this summer. It is a truly magical place that I can’t get out of my head. This is coming
from a Walt Disney World lover and annual passholder.
Leading up to our trip all I heard was “it so small, you going to be bored” or “there because there
is nothing to do there.” And boy, oh
boy, has the peanut gallery ever been so wrong.
 |
| Just like Minnie, I'm in love. |
Disneyland is made up of two parks: Disneyland Park and Disney California
Adventure Park. Both are so completely wonderful parks that are full of fun things to do and fun attractions.
We only had two days in our schedule to visit Disneyland so we allowed one day per park and at both parks we didn’t get to see or do everything (another reason we get to go back I suppose).
 |
| Marvel is coming to Disneyland! |
Let’s start with the original park:
Disneyland Park. This was Walt Disney’s park. Being the Disney fan I am, it was simply overwhelming to be in the same park,
walking the same path and riding the same rides that Walt himself walked upon
and rode on. There may have been tears and a sit on a bench so I could reel the
emotions in. (Not going to lie, tearing up just thinking about how lucky I was to get to visit Walt's park).
 |
| Disneyland's Train Station. |
Disneyland Park is jammed pack and full of things to do (in fact, we didn’t get do it all). Disneyland Park has classic Disney
rides including the Mad Tea Party, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, and Peter Pan.
 |
Disneyland's Tomorrowland entrance.
|
Then there are the truly iconic Disneyland
Park rides like the Matterhorn Bobsleds, Storybook Canal boats, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Indiana Jones
Adventure and Mickey's Toontown to name a few. Mickey's Toontown area has a lot of fun things for kids to do - including exploring the Disney character's houses and getting to meet the characters as well!
 |
| City Hall in Mickey's Toontwon section of Disneyland |
Then there are the rides that are at both Disneyland Park and Walt
Disney World’s Magic Kingdom but the rides are in fact, different rides like Haunted
Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s a
small world, and Jungle Cruise. It was so much fun comparing these rides to
their sibling at Walt Disney World, I couldn’t pick a
favorite between many of them, but it was fun to talk about the differences between the two versions.
 |
| Disneyland's Space Mountain ready to take off! |
Disney California Adventure is the newer park at Disneyland.
These rides are generally unique to both stateside Disney parks (aside from Soarin’ Around the
World and Toy Story Mania). The new star of DCA is Guardians of the Galaxy –
Mission: BREAOUT! This newly reimagined ride is really, really cool and
something not to be missed! (I’ll be writing a blog post about this ride later
on, I promise!).
I love this ride (I cannot say the same for the ride it used to be as it terrifies me), Guardians was just such a fun and unique ride I wish we had time to ride it more than once.
 |
| The new Guardians ride! |
Cars Land at DCA is a
section of the park where you can literally get lost in the Disney-Pixar movie
Cars. Everywhere you look is this amazing Pixar world and that is all you'll see, hear and do. Even the restaurants are straight from the movie!
My tip: do not miss this section of the park during the day or the night! All the neon lights are so unique!
 |
Cars Land at night! |
For kids and toddlers, "a bugs land" is made just for them. The theming here is also really cute – everything in this section is scaled to a size so you feel as though you're the size of a bug! The bathroom is an upside-down box of tissues!
 |
| a bugs land! |
The true star, for me, at Disney California Adventure is
the Paradise Pier section of this park. There are restaurants, rides and Boardwalk style games that will keep the whole family happy for hours.
 |
| Paradise Pier. |
At Paradise Pier (soon to be Pixar Pier), guests will find the most intense
Disney ride (once again, in my opinion) California Screamin’! We loved this one so much we rode it twice
in a row (thanks to Extra Magic Hour being a Disneyland Resort Hotel guests). I then had to take a team-time out so my head and body could figure out what I had just put it through.
 |
| Extra Magic Hour allows Disneyland Resort guests into the park one hour before non-resort guests! |
Mickey’s Fun Wheel is another ride that I really loved at Paradise Pier (I promise it has nothing to do with getting proposed to there!). I loved sitting at the top of the wheel and getting to see all of Disneyland and pointing out everything. It is a unique Disney view that you won't get anywhere else. If you're more of a thrill person, pick the swinging buckets!
 |
| Swinging or non-swing baskets are the choice you'll have to make! |
The grand finale of DCA, World of Color,
stirred all of the Disney emotions that I’ve come to experience with all
of Disney parks' finales. This unique show uses water, lights, music and scenes from various Disney films that make you think about the relationships in your life. I was beyond impressed with this show. (Tip: Don't stand too close to the water or you will get wet!)
 |
| World of Color at Disney California Adventure is a unique show! |
If you’ve been thinking of a trip to
Disneyland Resort, just go
already! Email me,
lauren@magicaltravel.com for a quote! I promise you won’t be disappointed. There is so much to experience that will keep you (and everyone in your family) occupied and busy. As Walt Disney
said, “To all who come to this happy place: Welcome! Disneyland is your land.”
No comments:
Post a Comment